Friday 15 June 2012

BEAUTY101** 5 Handbag Essentials for the 'Walk of Shame'


When I first arrived in Sydney I met a guy on a night out which resulted in me going back to his house (don't judge) in Redfern (again, don't judge, I live there now. Not with the guy, but that's another story).

To cut a long story short, I had to make my way home the following morning with no directions and no google maps on my phone.

Luckily for me, I only had to walk over Prince Alfred park to get to Central, but boy did that turn into a walk of judgement. The park was full of fitness groups, dog walkers, tennis players and even a children's birthday party. Everyone stared. I must have looked pretty bad. I think I was also giving off an air of disgust, particularly to the parents at the kids party.

I was so embarrassed I vowed never to go out without a few essentials to protect me from this situation again (not that I make a habit of going back to guys houses fyi). So here are FB101's top 5 handbag essentials for turning your the walk of shame into a walk of fame. (come on, we've all been there).

1. Lip balmA girls best friend after a night of heavy drinking. Smother this on as soon as you wake up to soothe and smooth dry, cracked lips. You can also rub on to any dry skin patches if you need to. FB101 recommends Chapstick original or Lucas Paw Paw.






2. MouthwashA mini bottle of mouthwash is easier to carry than a toothbrush and toothpaste, and gives you instantaneous fresh breath - perfect for a quick goodbye. FB101 recommends Colgate. NB always go for minty fresh, never the horrible Listerine purple one or fruity flavours (wtf?)



3. ConcealerA must to cover any imperfections and dark circles from a night on the tiles and lack of sleep. FB01 recommends a light reflecting concealer such as YSL's Touch Éclat or Clinique's Airbrush Concealer. Dot under your eyes, below the brow bone to brighten your eyes.



4. Hairband No one has perfect hair when they wake up after a night out. Hair can also get greasy pretty quickly, so always have a hairband to pop your hair up before you sleep, and to create a chic bun in the morning on your way home. FB101 also recommends a couple of kirby grips to hold flyaways in place.


Image courtesy of www.myfashionbeautytips.com

5. SunglassesThe absolute essential. Sunglasses apparently make women 50% more attractive to men and hide a multitude of sins (surely the reason we look more attractive to the boys?). Annoyingly, they are often forgotten because they take up valuable room in your handbag. FB101 recommends these genius foldable sunnies from Black Boss Eyewear. They have a Wayfarer style so will suit most face shapes and come in black.


No comments:

Post a Comment